Fashion Photography Workshop
Full Day Fashion Photography Workshop
A truly unique photography experience
Join us at this fashion photography workshop in Melbourne with Jess LaFrankie at one of Melbourne's most architectural mansions. Come shoot couture gowns against luxury interiors and fill you photography portfolio with unique images. You will gain professional photoshoot experience where you'll learn the tips and tricks of being a fashion photographer while getting amazing photos for your portfolio!
Saturday, 21st of July 2018
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Labassa Mansion - Caulfield, Melbourne, Australia
Price: $1250 AUD
*Strictly limited places
Melbourne Workshop Location
Labassa is a stunning Victorian era mansion with opulent architectural features.
Hidden in a cul-de-sac in Caulfield, Melbourne, the striking facade and opulent interiors make the mansion a photographers dream location and perfect for a photography workshop.
About The Photography Workshop
In this one-day fashion photography workshop you'll learn:
- How to plan your own fashion photoshoot, from pre-production to final product
- The three fashion lighting techniques that will get you through any situation
- The different types of fashion photography: shooting a fashion lookbook, fashion campaign or social media content
- How to attract your dream clients
- How to get the most out of natural light
- Posing your models and communicating with agencies
- How to source your team and communicate your vision
- Business essentials for photographers
On The Workshop Day
Come and shoot all day long at a glorious mansion in the inner suburbs of Melbourne. Lunch is on us, with instructional tips close at hand all the lighting gear you need to get amazing images, professional level models with top hair and makeup, props and glamorous styling.
Upon arriving at the workshop you'll be welcomed into our location with coffee and tea available. We'll introduce you to the the team and run through our first three setups with a different model for each. You'll then be able to shoot amazing fashion designer gowns against the decorated interior of the mansion.
You'll then move outside and capture dramatic images with windswept dresses. We'll be taking studio lighting technique outdoors by using lighting outside and working with the elements. We focus on movement shots and getting dramatic and cinematic images.
After enjoying a delicious lunch, we'll move upstairs to a new location and focus on texture and beauty using both natural light and flash. Using 2-3 models, we’ll cover the importance of getting variety in your series.
In the last hour of the workshop we'll use images taken on the day and run through a typical fashion retouching workflow and you'll even receive a booklet with all the techniques shown in the demonstration so you don't have to worry about forgetting something down the track.
You'll walk away from this fashion photography workshop with knowledge on how to prepare for your photoshoot, confidence to execute your vision, photos from nine different set ups, how to time manage on the shoot day, how to use reference images, collaborating with your team, uncovering your personal style, what to put in your portfolio and heaps more.
What's Included In The Workshop
What Is Included In the Photography Workshop Fee:
- Organised team of professionals to work with
- Eight hours on set at the stunning location at Labassa
- Nine different photo set ups to get a range of experience
- All the images you take which are yours to keep and use in your portfolio
- Three models from the best agency in Melbourne
- Set design and stunning couture garments to shoot
- On-trend hair and make up
- Delicious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea catering for special diets
- One hour retouching for fashion images demonstration
- Opportunity to ask specific questions during the question and answer session
- Pre set up lighting gear that is simplified and easy to replicate
- A booklet you can take home summarising a typical fashion retouching workflow also available as an ebook, but printed so you can take notes at the workshop.
What To Bring To The Workshop
- Your camera
- Lenses - 85mm, 50mm or 24-70mm are recommended but not essential
- Memory cards
- Spare battery/camera charger
- Laptop (with the latest Adobe Photoshop + Adobe Bridge)
'Jess LaFrankie is a professional photographer who brings technical skill, an artistic eye and positivity to all of her jobs. She plans well, has great vision, is focused and determined. Her briefs and mood boards are detailed and descriptive, so the team is clear on the direction of the shoot. She works with strong teams, and trusts them to deliver work that fits the brief.'
Amy Kenny (Makeup Artist)
Jess LaFrankie has worked in the industry since she was 17 and her work has been published in over 30 international magazines.
She graduated from PSC with a Bachelor of Photography and is an awarded member of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography and has been included in a number of exhibitions throughout her career including The Power of the Image at The Age Building in Melbourne.
Still Have Questions?
I'd love to hear from you and answer your questions, please send any emails to: